Sunday, April 30, 2023

#NaPoWriMo Week 4's #Poems #poetry #poetrycommunity #haiku #tanka #senryu

 

Hello, beautiful readers! Week 4 of NaPoWriMo is complete! I successfully completed the challenge of writing a poem a day for the month of April! This week was quite challenging for me. I barely found any time to write, and I had to work on a piece for another project. Still, I managed to get a poem written every day. This week, the poems were short because of my limited time. As always, one day each week is focused on the #TankaTuesday Weekly Poetry Challenges. I hope you enjoy them.

I've broken it up by day, and if I followed a prompt, I posted a link to the prompt in case you want to try your hand at writing one.

Day 24 (haiku):

rain's pitter patter

nourishes earth, calms our soul

nature's orchestra


Day 25 (tanka):

#TankaTuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge

macramé moments

cotton chords create beauty

time with mom well spent

wise lessons woven within

the thread of life remembers


Day 26 (tanka):

sit with your sorrow

let it permeate your pores

feel grief in your soul

when ready, exhale and release

it's just one moment in time


Day 27 (haiku):

sit in the garden

observe stillness around you

meditative pause


Day 28 (haiku):

seasonal blossoms

every year brings wonder

celebrate birthdays


Day 29 (senryu?):

mark, set, go

adrenaline rush

victory


Day 30 (tanka):

challenge accepted

write a poem ev'ry day

let the mind wander

notice intricate details

awaken poetic muse


Did you write any poems this week? I'd love to hear from you. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the challenge, Yvette :) Yay! Great way to end with those wonderful poems. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a wonderful time participating. I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yvette, I’m late but here I am. And I adore what I see. How diligent you were this month, dear one. With all you had going you persevered and showed Selma how agile you are. Respect ✊ dear one. A job well done, by any measure. Congratulations 🎉
    And did you see what remains in my cup of YOUR work from this final week? Take a look:

    nature's orchestra
    the thread of life remembers
    it's just one moment in time

    meditative pause
    celebrate birthdays
    victory

    awaken poetic muse

    Genius! Job well done. I love it all, collectively. And this month I’m so happy we wrote together. Let’s try it again next year. 😜 xo, Selma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you pulled one line from each poem and created a collective poem, Selma! That was brilliant and beautiful! Thank you for always encouraging me this past month, and I would love to join you again next year on this poetic journey. XOXO :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)