Sunday, April 9, 2023

#NaPoWriMo Week 1's #Poems #poetry #poetrycommunity #haiku #tanka #senryu #triolet #shadorma

Hello, beautiful readers! Week 1 of NaPoWriMo is complete! I've managed to write at least one poem every day, which is a pleasant surprise to me. I've broken it up by day, and if I followed a prompt, I posted a link to the prompt in case you want to try your hand at writing one.

Day 1 (haiku/senryu):

NaPoWriMo Day One Prompt


opposites repel
revealed secrets create bond
shared mission gives strength


lost in the forest
dangers lurk in the shadows
gravitate to light

Day 2 (senryu):
teenager's first love
exhilarated allure
now unrequited

Day 3 (haiku):
protective willows
provides shelter for many
mother nature's arms

Day 4 (triolet):

You have shown all your true colors
And now I know what you're about
I should've listened to others
You have shown all your true colors
Made my reputation suffer
All so you could garnish more clout
You have shown all your true colors
And now I know what you're about

Day 5 (tanka):
sit in your silence
listen for what resonates
let breath follow breath
feel earth's energy connect
become whole through acceptance

Day 6 (shadorma):

Rejuvenation


a short walk

sink into hot springs

clouds float by

provide shade

toxins escape my body

healing waters work


Day 7 (senryu?):
symbiotic love
you purr against me; I sigh
'till death do us part

Day 8 (haiku):
feet through sifting sands
body absorbs energy
empowers lifeline

Day 9 (haiku):
seagulls squawk for food
traditions replaced by man
nature falls apart

Did you write any poetry this week? I'd love for you to share it.

9 comments:

  1. I love all the poems, Yvette and the connections to your stories. I nodded about slipping into a hot springs, that sounds perfect to me right now. Plus another idea of something fun and unique to do for my upcoming 40th anniversary. No poetry last week, had a cold and lots of babysitting, maybe this week. Xo happy poetry writing. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise! Hope your cold is gone. I'm keeping the poems short so I don't become overwhelmed. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yvette— hey, Yvette. You’re on top of your game. How I love these. Stellar work. Yes. I love them all especially the triolet. You sure had a very productive week. I always knew you were this good. Now, keep going. As long as you write (even a grocery list) you are a winner. I am here. Will return to read.
    Aside. I know you reply to comments but I’ve NEVER received one. Why, I wonder. Let me know what to change. Anyway, keep going my sweet. This will only get better. Promise! XoXo, Selma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words and encouragement, Selma! You are the one who introduced me to this challenge, and I appreciate it so much. Do you mean you don't receive my responses on my blog? If so, there is a little "Notify Me" button opposite the Publish button that will let you know if someone replied, as long as you are using your email address, I believe. I hope that helps. :-)

      Delete
    2. I returned to see what you suggest I do about my little ‘problem’ as I want to ‘hear’ your response. Hopefully after I hit Publish the Notify Me will appear (as it is, Notify Me is not there) Talk more later. Blessing you

      Delete
  3. Good for you for keeping it up, Yvette. I love your poems about finding peace and healing in nature. Those always resonate so deeply, and you have a bunch of them here. Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I've noticed that I tend to write about healing and calming energy in my poems. I'm happy you connect with those poems. Thanks for sharing! :-)

      Delete
  4. All of these are wonderful, Yvette. I especially love the nature theme and the hot springs sound inviting. You have also inspired me to try a triolet. It's always fun to try a new form. 🙂
    Take care, Lauren
    baydreamerwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I am enjoying learning and practicing new forms of poetry. That's why I love Colleen's weekly prompts. It challenges me to try something new. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)