Saturday, April 1, 2023

Happy Poetry Month! #NaPoWriMo Begins Today! #poetry #poems #poetrycommunity

Hello, beautiful readers! Happy April! Today starts National Poetry Month, and thanks to a wonderful poet, Selma, I've learned about NaPoWriMo. Their goal is to promote writing a poem a day for the month of April. You can learn more about it here

As if I'm not busy enough (cue the studio laughter), I'm joining the challenge because why not! I may or may not make it until the end, but I will definitely write more poems trying the challenge than simply being a bystander. I've never participated before, but I already like that NaPoWriMo has given an optional prompt to spark writing. 

Today's prompt was to write a poem about a book cover. While at the beach today, I came up with two poems based on two of my book covers. I believe one is a haiku and the other a senryu, but I'm still learning so I could be wrong. (If the poem intrigues you, click on the book cover to learn more about the book.) 😉


opposites repel
revealed secrets create bond
shared mission gives strength



lost in the forest
dangers lurk in the shadows
gravitate to light

So, that's day one! 😊 I won't post every day because I honestly don't have the time. My goal is to post the poems I write at the end of every week. I hope you join me on my journey.

Did you write a poem today? I'd love for you to share it with me.

8 comments:

  1. Well done! I grabbed a copy of your short story, Escaping the Woods, Yvi. Yay, for you joining in. 👏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Colleen! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. :-)

      Delete
  2. I know your super busy, Yvette, but good for you for joining in and if you can't write a poem every day, at least you're writing. That's what matters! Great idea to base them on your own books too. How fun is that. I enjoyed both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit of shameless promotion doesn't hurt, does it, Diana? ;-) Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me. :-)

      Delete
  3. Yay! So happy you jumped right in, Yve. I’m so happy you’re doing it. It gets really busy. And some days I cannot keep up. But I like being here.
    Your book covers are precious. And indeed, why not your own books. Some of us don’t have books yet 😢. I for one love promoting you. I love your writing style. Loved these short poems.
    Don’t stress please, even writing a grocery list qualifies as writing. Yay. So happy you’re here. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Selma! Your encouragement means a lot to me as does your kindness and support. I'm happy you enjoyed my poems. So far, I've managed to write every day. I'm thinking I'll post the poems every Sunday. This way I don't spend so much time posting and replying, so I can use that time to write. :-)

      Delete
  4. And thanks for the mention here. I’m just the messenger. XoxoSelma.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)