Wednesday, November 22, 2023

#TankaTuesday Weekly #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #tanka #Winter #Thanksgiving #Shosetsu #gratitude @ColleenChesebro @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! This week's #TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge focuses on the seasons of Shosetsu, or Light Snow. Being in South Florida, we definitely are not getting light snow, but the weather is beautiful this week.

It is also the season of Thanksgiving in America, a time where family and friends gather to focus on their blessings. This past weekend, my sister and I took our boys on a three-day cruise to the Bahamas that we had won while playing BINGO. It was my nephew's first cruise experience, and he loved it. We visited a cave that leads to six (plus) miles of underwater tunnels, went kayaking through the mangroves, spent some time on their beaches, and visited the Garden of the Groves where we had a fantastic lunch. 





So, this week, I've decided to focus on gratitude. I've written a tanka poem. For those new to poetry, a tanka poem consists of five lines with a 5-7-5-7-7 syllabic pattern. The middle line tends to work as a pivot so that the first three lines create one image and the last three lines create a different image. Tankas are usually untitled.



grateful for blessings
abundance of merriment
friends, family, love
greatest riches in the world
bank of treasures overflows

If you'd like to join our poetry community and write a poem of your own, click here.

What are you most grateful for during this season? I'd love to hear from you.

28 comments:

  1. Yvi, this is stunning! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. I hope your day is special! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! I'm happy you like it. Happy Thanksgiving! XOXO :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the photos and the tanka! Thank you for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving, Yvette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Jan! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. :-)

      Delete
  3. That's so nice! They are the greatest riches, and should be banked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they should! Thanks for visiting and commenting today, Lisa! :-)

      Delete
  4. Abundance of merriment. Yes! How fantastic your tanka is, dear Yvie. Spectacular.
    And that vacation. Wow. You won trips to Bahamas—amazing prize 🏆 totally 👍🏽 💯 % amazing.
    Thanks for sharing this joy. 🥹 I caught it. 🙌🏽 Happy Thanksgiving. I bless you. Xo, Selma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving, Selma! I'm so happy to share my happy energy with you. :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on winning a trip for you, your son, and your friend and her son. It doesn't get much better than that. Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Not only is she my best friend, she is also my sister. Lol! I appreciate you taking the time to visit. :-)

      Delete
  6. Looks like an amazing vacation! Happy Thanksgiving, to you and your family, Yvette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well, Mark! Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Willow! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  8. Indeed the greatest riches--and I can see it was full of smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was, Kerfe! I am always filled with joy when I'm with my sister and our kids. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  9. Oh, Yvi, what an amazing trip! I'm so happy for you and yours. Your tanka perfectly captures the gratitude that wells within. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gwen! It truly was a wonderful trip. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  10. Hi Yvette, a lovely poem. Is your son fully recovered from his injury?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe he is almost at 100%. He's doing great! Thanks for asking, Robbie! :-)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  12. Your trip sounds wonderful, Yvette, and what a beautiful poem of thankfulness. A treat to read. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, Yvette. I too focused on gratitude. Too bad we only have one holiday where we focus on it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Luanne! Gratitude is something we should practice every day. Thanks for commenting! :-)

      Delete
  14. You pegged it right in your wonderful poem! Family and friends are the true riches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are, Mark! Thanks for visiting and commenting! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)