Sunday, November 12, 2023

#TankaTuesday Weekly #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #tanka #Winter #farmwedding #Ritto @ColleenChesebro @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! This week's #TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Challenge focuses on Ritto, the beginning of winter. In most parts of the northern hemisphere, the weather is becoming cooler, the sweaters are coming out of storage, and people are preparing for the winter holidays. Of course, here in South Florida, we are just excited that the humidity isn't as high.😄

This weekend, I was elated to attend the wedding of a dear friend of mine who waited until she found the right kind of love to tie the knot. She had a beautiful ceremony on a farm in northern Florida with her closest family and friends. So, I decided to dedicate this week's poem to her. Here are some of the pictures from her wedding.





This week's kigo words have to do with the beginning of winter. I chose crisper air to represent the season. I wrote a tanka poem, which consists of five lines with a 5-7-5-7-7 syllabic pattern. The third line is the pivot, creating two separate images - one in the first three lines and one in the last three lines. 

(courtesy of @OlcayErtem on Pixabay)

just a small drive north
a quaint outdoor farm wedding
crisper air prevails
the bride and groom's heartfelt bond
warms the hearts of everyone


Do you want to write your own poem for this season? Join us here

What is the weather looking like where you live? Are you starting to see the beginnings of winter? I'd love to hear from you. :-)

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Yvette...the poem and the wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful time of the year to get married and you chose the perfect kigo for your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I'm so happy you stopped by and shared your thoughts. :-)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful wedding! I loved the photos and your poem, Yvi. It was nice to see you. I know you're busy with school. I hope your son is improving and doing well. 🩵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! He is doing much better. Thank you for asking! I'm trying to find my way back to writing every week. :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos, Yvette, and I love how to tied the crisper air to the warm love. Very clever, you! I loved this. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you caught that, Diana! ;-) Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos and poetry, Yvette. Up here, in Canada, the leaves are off the trees and Jack Frost has taken up residence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr! That's too cold for me. I'll stick with my no humidity days. ;-) Thanks for commenting, Mark! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)