Sunday, November 5, 2023

#TankaTuesday Weekly #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #haiku #Autumn #jackolanterns #Soukou @ColleenChesebro @YvetteMCalleiro

 

Hello, beautiful readers! I don't know about you, but I really do not enjoy the time change. I prefer having more hours of light during the day, especially living in the Sunshine State. We actually voted several years ago to stop this nonsense, but our national government can't seem to approve the people's request.

Anyhow, this week's #TankaTuesday's 24 Seasons Challenge focuses on the First Frost. To learn more about this season, click here

I chose to write a haiku, which is a three-line poem with a 3-5-3 syllabic pattern. I've bolded and italicized the words that I believe fit the season. 

(courtesy of @Skitterphoto on Pixabay)

clear blue skies
crispness in the air
autumn comes

As a bonus, I wanted to write one for Halloween. This time I wrote a haiku with a 5-7-5 pattern. I know it's a few days late, but such is my life right now. 

(courtesy of @svetjekolem on Pixabay)

trick or treat tonight
jack o'lantern's eyes flicker
with desire to fright

What represents Autumn for you? Share your thoughts below. I'd love to hear from you. :-)

10 comments:

  1. I understand about the time-changing issue, Yvette! We'll keep trying to get our message across. Beautiful poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the time change, Yvette. I wish they would leave it alone! I love both of your haikus. Autumn is my favorite season of the year and I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a true Autumn here, but I have experienced the season in other places I've lived, and it truly is beautiful. Thanks for visiting and sharing, Jan! :-)

      Delete
  3. I wish they would leave the time alone, Yvette:) Great poems, both have that fall feel. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! I wish they would as well. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I don’t understand blogger. Sometimes I can sign your blog with my name. Other times I cannot. Just wanted to say I love your haiku about autumn. Both are nice but the one about autum is descriptive and made me dream a little. Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat (I think this is Pat...lol!). Blogger has a lot of attitude sometimes. I appreciate you visiting and commenting despite the issues. XOXO :-)

      Delete
  5. I agree with you, Yvette, on how disruptive these time changes are. Sigh. Our government can't even fix that. But I love your poems. Perfect for this time of year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I agree with your comments completely. Thanks for visiting and sharing! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)