Hello, beautiful readers! It's only Wednesday, but it's been quite a busy week for me. I've had a few wellness appointments - just annual checkups to make sure all is well, and it is. :-) I also spent time with my family as we had another birthday celebration for my son. We went to Topgolf and had a blast. I had never been before, and it was more fun than I expected it to be. And I met with my new principal and assistant principal and a few other leaders in the school. It was a great meeting, and I'm excited about the new school year.
Today, I am participating in this week's Wea've Written Weekly (W3) Prompt #222. Matt has invited us to write an Ekphrastic limerick-and-nonsense poem. He provided the image below along with the format to use. Here it is:
For my limerick, I used a 12-12-5-5-12 syllabic pattern, and for my nonsense poem, I used a 10-10-4-10-10 pattern. So, here is my poem:
Whatever became of Sir Swellimpedeedoo?
An upstanding citizen we all loved and knew
He spread lots of cheerThroughout the whole year
Then disappeared one day without leaving a clue
He didn't tell anyone of his plans
Nor did he leave a forwarding address
This much is true!
Our favorite neighbor chose to leave us
And now, our whole town is left feeling blue.
Would you like to participate in this prompt? Join us here.
Well that was an interesting take Yvette 😁👍
ReplyDeleteThanks, Matt! The prompt was fun! I appreciate your visit.
DeleteI love your take with the picture being that on a missing poster. Of course it is! It needs a caption: Have you seen this man?
ReplyDeleteYou're right! Lol! Thanks for stopping by, Sally! :-)
DeleteHow splendid. What a great mind you have Yvette. Love it. 😍 xo, Selma
ReplyDeleteThank you, Selma! I appreciate you visiting. :-)
DeleteOh dear! Fun take on the prompt!
ReplyDelete