Hello, beautiful readers! I am hosting over at #TankaTuesday this week, and I hope you'll join us to write poetry. This week, I've challenged everyone to write about a dream that has come true or one that fell apart. It's such a beautiful day outside my window, and I'm feeling optimistic, so I thought I'd write about a dream come true.
For today's prompt, I've chosen to write a choka, which is an unrhymed poem that alternates five and seven-syllable lines and then ends with an extra seven-syllable line. It is also often followed with another short poem called a hanka. The hanka summarizes, supplements, or elaborates on the contents of the main poem. I've chosen to write a nine-line choka with a syllabic pattern of 5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-7 followed by a tanka.
manifestation
you came to me in a dream
filled my soul with song
entered my life with a click
instant connection
easy, comfortable talks
laughter fills the air
magnetic relationship
dream became reality
winter dreams dormant
seeds buried deep carry hope
earth begins to thaw
spring awakens with whispers
beauty explodes all around
Would you like to write a poem for this prompt? Join us here.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)