Sunday, August 25, 2024

#TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #Shosho #haiku #Autumn @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! It has been a busy, busy week. It is reaching my bedtime, but I didn't want to let this week go by without writing a poem for the #TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge. This week moves into a new season - Shosho, or Fading Heat. In many parts of the United States, the summer heat is starting to fade so that Autumn can make her entrance. That is not really the case here in South Florida. It is still H-O-T. 

So, since I've got to pass out if I want my eight hours of sleep before I rise ahead of the sun tomorrow, I've chosen to write a quick haiku. I hope you enjoy it. As always, I've bolded and italicized my kigo words.

(courtesy of @Bluetenkuss at Pixabay)


daily summer rains
lawns of verdant grass hydrate
no signs of Autumn

Would you like to write a poem with us? Join us here.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Yvette. We don't have signs of Autumn either. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gwen! Autumn's for those closer to the poles. We don't get to appreciate its beauty. Thanks for visiting, Gwen. :-)

      Delete
  2. Green grass hydrated in the heat always makes me think of holidays and I adore the smell - lovely image Yvette 💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! Our grass is almost always green because of our tropical weather. Thanks for visiting and sharing! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)