Sunday, August 18, 2024

#TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #Risshu #tanka #endofsummer @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! It's been a busy week for me. School has started, which means I have much less time on my hands (as if I ever really had much down time...lol). I'm happy with my schedule, and the kids seem receptive to my positive energy bubble that fortifies my room. So, here's so hoping for another wonderful year!

This week, the #TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge is still in the season of Risshu. Colleen Chesebro has challenged us to create a poem that includes sunflowers. Sunflowers have always been my favorite flower. Yellow and green are my favorite colors, and I love the vibrancy of the sunflower. I also love that they rise to face the sun instead of the darkness.

I chose to write a haiku, which consists of three lines with a 5-7-5 syllabic pattern. My kigo words are bolded and italicized.

(courtesy of @sabinevanerp on Pixabay)

sunflower magic
Delta breeze spreads seeds of hope
share its joy freely


Would you like to join us in writing poetry this week? Click here.

12 comments:

  1. lovely haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new school year, Yvi. I love sunflowers too, and your haiku captures the beauty perfectly! 🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Colleen! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  3. This super lovely, Yvette.

    And good luck with your new school year! :)

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David! So far, so good. Lol! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  4. Excellent Haiku. Glad to hear that the school year is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Jules) I enjoy seeing fields of sunflowers. Unfortunately on of the places that they used to grow... and over 55 community sprouted up.

    Have a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! That's so sad, Jules! Progress destroys nature once again. :'( Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  6. A wonderful poem, Yvette, that got a smile out of me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me very happy, Diana! Thanks for sharing that with me. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)