Friday, October 11, 2024

#TankaTuesday #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #tankapuente #bestandworstmoments #chronicfatiguesyndrom #anxiety #holistichealing @YvetteMCalleiro

Hello, beautiful readers! Last week was the first week of our new #TankaTuesday challenges, but life was so busy that I did not have time to even check the site. So, I decided to write a poem for that challenge today. Poet and author Robbie Cheadle provided us with our first challenge. She encourage us to write a Tanka Puente, which consists of two tanka poems separated by a line in between. She chose the theme of best and worst moments.

One of the worst moments in my life was when I lived with active Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for eight years. At the time, doctors were just beginning to identify it, and it took my doctor a long time to not only diagnose me but try a treatment. Unfortunately, although his treatment began to bring back my energy, it created a debilitating anxiety disorder. I stopped the medicine and sought holistic healers. Thankfully, they have brought me peace and energy. A side benefit was discovering mindfulness, meditation, and emotional frequency tapping. I still have anxiety, but I manage it well. I feel healthy and whole today. So, here is my poem...

(courtesy of @K3IST on Pixabay)

Road to Health

constant lethargy
heaviness inhibits me
long search for answers
remedy experiments
meds create anxiety

~change your thoughts and you change your world~*

body, mind struggle
start holistic therapy
mindfulness brings peace
focus on inner healing
strength and energy return

* This quote is by Norman Vincent Peale.

Would you like to try writing a Tanka Puente? Check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. (Jules) I would call your verse a Reverse Tanka Puente because it ends on a positve note! Continue on your 'golden' path. I have taken some yoga classes. I think I need to do so more regularlly. Changing mindset can be hard - but I do try to stay on the positive side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy yoga. I just wish I had more time. Thanks for stopping by, Jules! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Yvette, I'm so glad you found a remedy. I only know fatigue from covid, and a few weeks is bad enough let alone eight years. Your poems are perfect with a hopeful ending. I still wish I received notifications for your blog, but I'm at a loss. If you think of anything, please let me know, and thanks for popping into my world. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)