Monday, July 10, 2023

#TankaTuesday Weekly #Poetry Challenge - #treepoetry #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #CelticTreeAstrology #ashtree @ColleenChesebro @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! I have been trying to make space to write this poem all week. Since today is the last day to post it before a new challenge comes out tomorrow, I've forced myself to sit and write/type. It isn't the greatest poem, but I'm happy I wrote it.

Last Tuesday, Colleen Chesebro shared with us some Celtic Tree Astrology in her #TankaTuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge. She asked us to find our spirit tree and write a poem about it. You can find the Celtic Tree Astrology here.

I discovered that my spirit tree is the Ash Tree. I have mixed thoughts on this one, mainly because I was secretly hoping to be my favorite tree, the willow. 😂 There are parts of the ash's description that I connect with and other parts that I don't, but maybe I haven't "grown" into that aspect just yet. 😉

Here is the description from OneTreePlanted:

ASH - THE ENCHANTER

FEBRUARY 18 - MARCH 17

Ash signs are free thinkers. They are imaginative, intuitive, and naturally artistic. This sign has a tendency to be moody and withdrawn at times, but that’s only because your inner landscape is in constant motion. You are in touch with your muse and are easily inspired by nature. Likewise, you inspire all that you associate with and people seek you out for your enchanting personality. You have a strong interest in art, writing (especially poetry), science, and theology (spiritual matters). You are in a constant state of self-renewal and rarely place value on what others think of you. Ash signs partner well with Willow and Reed signs.

Apparently, I pair well with willow! I'll take it! 😍 I did a little research about the ash trees and realized how beautiful they truly are in how they help our environment. I also dove a bit into some mythology surrounding the ash tree. You can read about them here and here.

I decided to write a poem using the Drop-Drip format I created a while back for one of Colleen's other challenges. It has twelve lines with the following syllabic pattern: 1-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4-3-2-1. 

(courtesy of @hans-2 on Pixabay)

Magnificent Venus of the Woods

ash
useful
healer
protectors
providers
popular
quiet but strong
welcomes others
regenerates
inspiring
giving
tree

Did you see what your spirit tree is? I'd love to hear from you below.

It's not too late to write your own poem! Check it out here.

14 comments:

  1. Yvi, I'm so happy you added your poem! I'm a willow! I think the description of the ash tree fits you perfectly! This was fun inspiration. 🌳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colleen! I guess that's why I like you so much. ;-) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Hi Yvette, I am also an Ash. I loved your take on the prompt and the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, fellow Ash! It was a fun exercise. I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  3. I’ve been missing your posts. So glad I saw this! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and it sure fits you! I was a Holly. Was a. Lot of fun finding our tree :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Denise! It was fun. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi, an interesting poem. I like willow trees also.
    Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willows are just majestic! Thanks for visiting, Pat! :-)

      Delete
  6. So beautiful, Yvi. It is YOU, lovely in all ways. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. The drip drop —I love it.
    “you inspire all that you associate with and people seek you out for your enchanting personality.”
    You pair well with Reed. That’s me. How lovely the shape, the words and the description. Love it all, Yvi. Xoxo selma.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)