Thursday, September 10, 2026

Seasonal Pi-Ku Poems - #TankaTuesday #piku #poems #poetry #poetrycommunity @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! Last weekend, I joined my friends for a weekend trip to Charlotte, North Carolina, to watch my friend's son, Cory Cubano, and his teammates play in the Cosmic Baseball League. If you have never watched their games or been to a game, I highly recommend it. It's entertainment baseball, and it is a party from beginning to end. I had such a great time and can't wait to go again. That being said, Charlotte was HOT - even hotter than Miami, if you can believe that! Mother Nature is having vertigo. Lol!

I've felt a bit drained this week. I think between the flying and partying over the weekend and trying to fight off a cold during the week, my body has been functioning at a snail's pace, so I'm just now having a moment to sit and be creative. So, I'm focusing on #TankaTuesday's poetry challenge today. 

Melissa invites us to write a Pi-Ku, which is a three-line poem created in honor of pi (3.14). So, the first line has three syllables, the second has one syllable, and the third has four syllables. She challenged us to write a Pi-Ku (or several) focused on our season (which in Florida is hot...lol!...but I also wrote about autumn).

(image courtesy of @RuslandSikunov on Pixabay)


dew glistens
white
brilliant diamonds


(image courtesy of @Suraajm20 on Pixabay)


sweltering
heat
sweat slides down skin


(image courtesy of @wal_172619 on Pixabay)

summer fades
leaves
embrace the change



Would you like to write your own Pi-Ku poems? Join us here.

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely Pi-Ku poems, Yvette! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baseball game sounds awesome! So glad you got to go watch. Love all of these poems. I'm really ready for summer to fade!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)