Thursday, August 31, 2023

August Book Reviews #bookreview #books #readingcommunity #poetry #nature #family #life @sgc58 @YvetteMCalleiro

Hello, beautiful readers! I had very little time to read this month because of the opening of school. Luckily, I chose an amazing poetry book that I could read in snippets, and I enjoyed it thoroughly!


Life is Like a Mosaic: Random Fragment in Harmony

by Sally Cronin


Genre: Poetry, Poetry About Nature, Family Poetry

Pages: 136

Blurb:

“Use a picture. It’s worth a thousand words.” Arthur Brisbane 1911.

An image offers an opportunity to see endless possibilities depending on the viewer’s perspective. Where some might see beauty and joy, others imagine sadness and loss of hope.

In this collection, images and syllabic poetry are brought together to tell a story based on the author’s perspective. The poetry explores our human experiences such as love, happiness, hope, aging, friendship, new beginnings, dreams and loss.

The world around us is an amazing playground and source of all our essential needs as well as sensory experiences that bring wonder into our lives. What lies beyond the horizon? What surprises will we discover as a garden bursts into bloom? Where do the night creatures live?

At the end of the collection there are some longer poems celebrating memories of the author’s life of travel, teenage exploits and love of food!

My Review:

I absolutely loved this collection of poems. Not only was each poem accompanied by a stunning picture, it was also written to reach into the soul and permeate slowly. Many of the poems are written in syllabic poetry forms such as the butterfly cinquain and the Etheree. The poet is concise with her words while choosing powerful imagery to stir emotions and connection. 

Some of my favorite poems were Our Legacy, Advancing Years, Sunflower Seeds, The Air, The Beacon, Hope, On the Wind, Birthdays, Is it time?, The Sunflower poems, The Future?, Life's Progression... Honestly, I could list them all. Some are layered with humor; others touch upon profound concepts that make one pause and ponder. All of them are beautiful works of art. If you enjoy poetry that makes your soul smile, I definitely recommend this book.

Have you read a great book this month? I'd love for you to share. :-)

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Sally! I love your poetry and will add this to my list. Thank you, Yvette, for this excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Mark.. appreciated. xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Mark! I have no doubt you will love this book. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful review of Sally's book. I enjoyed this one immensely. She has such deep insights. Thanks for sharing, Yvette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Yvette and I know how busy you are so really appreciate you taking the time to read and review the collection.. Thanks too for all your support for the blog and the shares to Twitter.. It means a great deal.. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, Sally! I enjoy your blog very much, and this poetry book was such a beautiful read. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love this book and it's one that I'll revisit. I don't do that very often these days, but these short pieces are masterpieces and worth taking time over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much Alex... that is a wonderful boost.. ♥

      Delete
    2. I agree, Alex! It's definitely a book that I can revisit and enjoy all over again. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  5. That comment from Anonymous is from Alex Craigie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Sally on the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this too. Lovely review for Sally's book. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marje! I appreciate you adding your recommendation. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks very much Marje ♥ Sally

      Delete
  8. Great review, Yvette :) I completely agree its a fantastic read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding your recommendation! I appreciate you visiting today. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks very much for your boost for the collection xSally

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to Sally. What loveliness of a review Yvi. Glad I read. Poetry is IT!!
    So beautiful. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Selma.. delighted by Yvette's lovely review...xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Selma! I'm happy you enjoyed it. :-)

      Delete
  10. That anonymous is Selma 💗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this beautiful review, Yvette. I've read a few of Sally's books and love them. So I'll add this to my pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt you will love this one as well, Lauren! Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  12. I forgot to congratulate Sally! I'm sure she's thrilled! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Lauren.. thanks very much.. ♥ Sally

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)