Monday, August 10, 2026

Fleeting Memory - #TankaTuesday #haibun #poem #poetry #poetrycommunity @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! My school year has already begun, though the students don't start until Thursday. I went in last week to prepare my classroom. Today, tomorrow, and Wednesday are filled with meetings and lesson planning. I had an incredible summer vacation and feel refreshed and rejuvenated, and I'm excited to meet my new students.

For this week's #TankaTuesday challenge, Melissa encouraged us to write a poem about forgetting. Each day has been quite busy this past week, so I'm just getting around to it today. I've chosen to write a haibun.

(image courtesy of @skaistyte on Pixabay)

Fleeting Memory

They say a teacher's brain makes over a hundred decisions in a day. Maybe that's why my memory has short-circuited. It no longer has the capacity to hold on to information from one year to the next. Honestly, sometimes I don't even remember things from last month. So, I take pictures, keep a journal, and rely on others to remind me of what I have misplaced in my brain's file folders. 

living for today
relishing present moments
brain quickly forgets


Would you like to participate in this week's prompt? Join us here.

1 comment:

  1. So pleased you had such a great holiday. I envy you your energy Enjoyed your haibum

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)