Wednesday, February 15, 2023

#TankaTuesday Weekly #Poetry Challenge #synonyms #change #grow #tanka #poem #poetrycommunity @YvetteMCalleiro

Hello, beautiful readers! This week's #TankaTuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge asked us to use the synonyms of the words change and grow to write a poem. I've spent some time recently speaking to my students about how the choices they make set them on a certain path which leads to an outcome. We have discussed that sometimes they make poor choices, but they can correct their mistakes and find their way back to a brighter path. So, that inspired me to create this poem.

I chose to write a tanka poem. This poem has five lines with a 5-7-5-7-7 syllabic pattern. I've chosen to use the words reinvent, metamorphize, and nurture as my synonyms for change and grow.

(courtesy of Canva)

reinvent yourself
shed what no longer serves you
metamorphize now
nurture the good within you
become who you're meant to be

Would you like to try your hand at writing a poem? Click here.

Have you ever thought of reinventing yourself? I'd love to hear from you below.

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Willow! I'm glad you found it so. :-)

      Delete
  2. This form, with these words makes for stunningly divine encouragement. You aced it, Yve. Love it so much. Yes, she’d what doesn’t serve!! Lovely. Xoxo Selma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy this poem touched you, Selma! Thanks for sharing that with me. :-)

      Delete
  3. This is always good advice Yvette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great message! Perfect for the start of the spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is all about renewal, after all! Thanks for visiting, Elizabeth. :-)

      Delete
  5. A perfect time for renewal! Lovely poem, Yvette. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful message and so true! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My word for the year is Renaissance, Yvette! Your poem reinforces that. Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, Linda! I'm happy you were able to connect with my poem. :-)

      Delete
  8. Sorry,
    Linda Mims⬆️

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Reinventing' reminders follow us on the learning curve of life and its amazing how much we change on this path! Love your message. - Balroop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Balroop! Growth is a part of life. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. :-)

      Delete
  10. (Jules) I truly think - that with just a little thought that we evolve and change every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jules! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :-)

      Delete
  11. That is who I'm becoming now. Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very inspiring tanka, Yvette. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Yvette, this is lovely. It always intrigues me how poets are impacted by their lifestyles and career choices. It makes sense, but it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Robbie! Our lives do shape us. :-)

      Delete
  14. This poem is really well done. I like the cohesiveness of it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. I'm happy you felt the positive energy from it, David! Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  16. What a great message for your students, Yvette! "Shed what no longer serves you" for me that was fear and bitterness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the fear, Mark! For too long, it controlled me. I'm practicing releasing it and being at peace. Thanks for sharing today! :-)

      Delete
  17. A beautiful poem, Yvette, and what a wonderful thing to discuss with your students. Deciding who we want to be right now and in the future is our super power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I try to empower my students to understand that they are in charge of their actions and their future. I appreciate your kind words. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)