Hello, beautiful readers! School has begun again, so my reading time has shrunk quite a bit. Still, I was able to enjoy the books that I read. Here are my reviews:
The Supernaturals of Castle Academy (The Complete Series Box Set)
Genre: Werewolf & Shifter Romance
Pages: 853
Book Blurb:
Fated mates, supernaturals of all kinds, a heroine who has no idea what she is, and an evil who is out for them all.
All I wanted was to keep my head above water. To survive long enough to hit my eighteenth birthday so I could escape the nightmare that my homelife had become. But all of that was turned upside down the moment they showed up.
The best friend from my past. The surly brooder. The kind-hearted nerd. The king of campus. The dark one.
They say they’re here to give me a fresh start in a place where I’m safe, warm, and cared for. And I can’t deny the pull I feel to all five of them. The buzz that lights beneath my skin when they touch me. And for the first time, I feel like I might belong.
But not everything is as it seems. These guys have secrets. Ones that will rip my world wide open. But when a dark evil begins stalking us, we’re all in for the fight of our lives…
The Supernaturals of Castle Academy Box Set is the complete series that includes Legacy of Shadows, Anchor of Secrets, and Destiny of Ashes
My Review:
This was the first series I've read from this author, and I enjoyed it. I liked that all three books were included in this one set because I was able to quickly move from one to the next without having to make another purchase.
I enjoyed that there were so many different kinds of paranormal - castors, dragon shifters, werewolves, vampires, and incubi. Leighton is thrust into this paranormal world when her childhood friend (and werewolf) saves her from her abusive mother. She soon meets his friends and finds herself attracted to all of them. In fact, they tell her that she is their mate. The issue is that they also need an anchor, and in book one, she shows no sign of magic.
As she begins to bond with each guy, things get very steamy. Several of her men have traumatic issues that they are dealing with (and that she helps them through) while all of them also help her heal from her past. Leighton is put in danger time and time again, but little by little, her true calling is revealed - only it calls even more danger to her and her mates.
I would have preferred the ending to have been more climactic, but all in all, this was a great series. If you enjoy stories with magic, shapeshifters, polyamory, and great storylines, you will enjoy this book.
Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Book 2)
Genre: Paranormal Vampire Romance
Pages: 462
Book Blurb:
A warrior with inner demons falls for a woman who could save his soul in this seductive novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
Within the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Rhage is the warrior vampire with the strongest appetites. He’s the deadliest fighter, the most voracious lover, the quickest to act on his impulses. He’s also been cursed with two hundred years of hell. Possessed by a beast, he lives in fear of the times when his inner dragon comes out and he’s a danger to everyone around him.
Mary Luce has unwittingly found herself in the vampire world, and under Rhage’s protection. With her own life-threatening curse to bear, she’s not looking for love. Besides, she’s stopped believing in saving grace and miracles long ago. But when Rhage’s intense sexual attraction turns into emotional bonding, he knows he must have her for his mate. As their enemies close in, Mary finds herself praying for something she fears she’ll never have: life eternal with the one she loves.
My Review:
I read this book over ten years ago, but with season two of the BDB series coming out on Passionflix in October, I wanted to remind myself of the complete story. I loved it just as much (maybe more) as the first time I read it. Mary is such the perfect partner for Rhage. Her energy and her way of accepting what is is just perfect, especially for Rhage's situation. I absolutely love the sacrifice Rhage is willing to make for her and how he dotes on her.
I also love how Z's story begins in this book. I had completely forgotten about that. His scene with Bella in his room was so intense, and my heart broke for him. I cannot wait to reread his book.
This series is incredible! For anyone who enjoys vampire romances with a whole lot of badassery, this series is for you!
Have you read any great books lately? I'd like to hear about them below. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)