Sunday, October 1, 2023

September Book Review #bookreview #books #readingcommunity #shortstory #Disneyland #childhooddream #family #teacups @WandaFischer @YvetteMCalleiro #RRBC

Hello, beautiful readers! September was not cooperative with me in the reading department, but I did manage to read a wonderful short story by a great author, Wanda Adams Fischer.

Teacups

by Wanda Adams Fischer

Genre: Short Story

Pages: 16 pages

Blurb: 

Many years ago, young Mary Ann became enchanted with the teacup ride at Disneyland in California, thanks to a classmate who showed her photos of the ride. She'd always wanted to swirl and twirl in one of those gaily-decorated cups, but, alas, never had the chance. Take a journey with her in this short story as she remembers that magical obsession from many years ago and attempts to bring her elderly self into the three-dimensional world that had only been a square Kodak photo.

My Review: 

This was such a sweet story. Mary Ann shared with us her obsession with the teacup ride at Disneyland. As a child, a new kid in class showed her a picture of the ride, and she never stopped dreaming about them. When she grew up, she had an opportunity to ride them but let it slip away because she wasn't assertive enough. When the opportunity came again, she knew she needed to make it happen.

This story is beautifully told. I was easily able to connect with Mary Ann's struggles and her determination to make her childhood dream come true. All the characters were realistic and interacted with one another in the way you would expect for that time period. And the ending was so warm-hearted! I would definitely recommend this short story. :-)

Have you read any great books lately? I'd love to hear from you. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Great review, Yvette. Sounds like story I'd like. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would. Thanks for visiting, Denise! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great review, Yvette, and this book sounds like one I'd enjoy. When I was a child, we lived in Anaheim with Disneyland 'in our backyard.' So I went often with my girlfriend, making wonderful memories. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, you will definitely enjoy this story! Thanks for sharing, Lauren! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)