Saturday, July 16, 2022

#TankaTuesday #Poetry Challenge #Lanterne #Lanturne @ColleenChesebro #poem #poetrycommunity #selflove #Tangled


Hello, beautiful readers! This week, Colleen Chesebro invited Lisa, the Versemith, to select the syllabic poem for our Tanka Tuesday Poetry Challenge. Lisa chose the lanturne, or lanterne, form. This form has five lines and is shaped like a Japanese lantern with a syllabic pattern of 1-2-3-4-1. 

If you've been following me, you know that I'm on a journey to be the best version of myself. I focus on improving my physical, mental, and emotional self on a daily basis. So, naturally, I wrote a poem that encompassed self-love.

(me meditating on top of Cathedral Rock in Sedona, AZ)

I
exist
beautiful
happy, calm, strong
me

be
sit still
now listen
follow your breath
sigh

see
clearly
all are one
accept what is
truth

live
zestful
with purpose
in the moment
thrive


When I read about this form, it also made me think of the lantern scene in the Disney movie, Tangled. (I'm a HUGE Disney fan!) I won't copy the scene's video because I don't want to infringe upon any copyright laws, but it's a moment when the two main characters step away from their egos and truly see the other person. So, I came up with this poem as well.

love
accept
see their light
unlimited
real

Although it seems like an easy form, it takes some thought to keep the lines focused on one theme. Do you want to try to create one? Check it out here.

21 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Yvette... if you're a huge Disney fan, are you familiar with this song? It's one of my daughter's favorites:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glDGAo9SIqs

    Much love,
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that song is beautiful! If you haven't seen The Lion King 1 1/2, check it out. It's hilarious! Thanks for sharing that song, David! :-)

      Delete
  2. "I exist beautiful," is such a wonderful way to begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I think we forget to tell ourselves that we are beautiful. I know I did for a long time. I'm happy those days are behind me. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi I really enjoyed you beautiful poem and your second poem too I shall look the scene up 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a touching moment! The whole movie is great! I'm happy you liked my poem, Willow! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Colleen! That means a lot coming from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's important to value ourselves so we can value our relationships with others. We'll said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerfe! It took me a long time to learn that lesson, but it's finally ingrained in my head. Lol! :-)

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic response to the prompt. I love each verse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your poem and the photo, Yvette. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen! The energy up there was just so peaceful. I wanted to take a moment to embrace it. :-)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm so happy you did, Mark! Thanks for sharing that with me. :-)

      Delete
  9. From Jules: I'd like to think we all can be our best. Sometimes that is not the case, especially when worry wants to overwhelm us. May you continue on your wonderful jounrey to be the best that you can be 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules! I wish the same for you as well. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)