Wednesday, June 24, 2020

My First Short Story

Hello, beautiful readers! I'm so excited to share with you!

Earlier this year, the Rave Reviews Book Club held its #RRBC 90-Day Alpha/Omega (Beginning to End) 'Short Story' Writing Contest. As most of you know, I am a writer of novels, but I have read several short stories in the past year that blew me away, so I wanted to give it a try.

I had a dream many years ago about a fairy tale's kiss gone wrong (lol), and I immediately jotted it down in my bedside journal. At that time, I was in the middle of writing one of the Diasodz books, so I didn't have time to dedicate to that dream. I knew what the story would be, but I was too focused on my Diasodz to give it the attention it needed.

Then, this contest came about. This dream was to be the prologue in a full-length novel, but I realized that it would work as a standalone short story as well. So, here it is! I am proud to announce my very first short story, Breathless!


Book Blurb:

What if the fairy tale kiss that always awakens the damsel in distress takes a sinister turn? What if prince charming’s kiss no longer produces a happily ever after?

Silena’s infatuation with William hits a speed bump when he rejects her. After all, she is just a maid, and he is a young, rich aristocrat in the 1920s. Why would he have any desire to waste his time with the help?

On one particularly lonely day, Silena calls upon her magic to transform into a sexy flapper for the night. Her dream to enjoy one night with William is finally in her grasp, but her magic comes with consequences that neither William nor Silena could ever imagine.


The official release date is July 1st, but it is already available for pre-order. It is only $0.99, and I'm pretty sure you are going to love it! :-) Here is the link for the pre-order: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BLVDHQX. Happy reading! :-)


11 comments:

  1. I picked up my copy! I can't wait to read the final verison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! I truly appreciate your comments on the rough draft! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Wendy! Your comments on the rough draft were very welcomed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge congratulations, Yvette! I have my copy pre-ordered!! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan, for helping me learn how to use Canva and for helping me revise the story. I truly appreciate it. :-)

      Delete
  4. I am pre-ordering my copy today. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. :-)

      Delete
  5. This is exciting, Yvette! Congratulations! I'm intrigued. I like the twist. I got my copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vashti! I think you are going to really like it. :-)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, I like the spin on the old fairytales. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. I love stories with a twist, so this was a fun one to write. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)