Wednesday, October 9, 2019

WELCOME TO THE #RRBC 2019 OCTOBER-WEEN BLOCK PARTY!



Hello, beautiful readers! Welcome to the Rave Reviews Book Club's October-Ween Book, Blog & Trailer Block Party! For the month of March, RRBC is promoting its authors at various blogs to share incredible authors with readers everywhere!

Today is my turn! By leaving a comment below, you will have an opportunity to win a prize!

UPDATE: Below are the winners for my giveaways! Thank you to all of you who left comments and shared my page with your friends. I appreciate your support. :-) You will be contacted soon about your prizes! Enjoy! :-)

Here is what I'm giving away:
*A free author spotlight on my blog
Balroop Singh
*Two free copies of The One Discovered
Forrest Stepnowski and Susanne Leist
*One free copy of one of the other books in the Chronicles of the Diasodz series - Nina Norstrom

# of winners for my stop: 4



For those of you who have not been introduced to my series yet, meet the Chronicles of the Diasodz. It is a young adult fantasy series with plot twists, difficult choices, and an ultimate battle between good and evil, where the souls of everyone are at risk!

Today, I'm going to share with you an interview with my character, Mel. When I first planned the series, Mel was going to be killed in The One Discovered. She was a means to an end, but Mel had much different plans. She kept nagging at me that she could be quite useful in the plot of future books, and with a little arm-twisting, Mel got her wish. I'm quite happy I listened to her because she became an integral part of the series. :-) Enjoy getting to know Mel a bit more.

Hi, Mel! Thanks for agreeing to this interview.

It's the least I could do since you didn't kill me. Then again, you didn't really have much of a choice in that one. My plan was brilliant.

Yes, it was. I will admit to that. Why don't we start with you telling our readers about your family growing up.

You're not wasting time going for the jugular today. Fine. I grew up with my mom, who was the most incredible mom anyone could ever ask for. I never got to know my father growing up because he left my mother before he even knew she was pregnant with me.

Why did he leave her?

He forgot about the great power of love when he realized his great love of power. He chose to become a demon and work for Damiana. 

So, he left your pregnant mother to become a servant of someone else?

Stupid, huh? (rolls eyes) Technically, he didn't know she was pregnant with me until it was too late, but whatever... He gave up all rights to me the moment he walked out of my mom's life. As for becoming a servant, he wasn't just any servant. He was the right-hand man for the queen of the Raizyns. He thought that would eventually get him the power he wanted. He should have known better than to have trusted someone who doesn't believe in the Goddess!

Could you help our readers understand who the Raizyns are?

Sure, though if they don't know, they haven't read your books yet, and that's a damn shame! Don't you go giving me that look, missy! I speak my mind, and you know it. (takes a breath) Anyway, the Raizyns are Diasodz who have chosen to foresaken our Goddess and pledge their loyalties to Lucifer. Basically, they're stupid. They are led by Drake, their king, and Damiana, their queen. Don't get me started on those two because I'll give away your whole story! I still can't believe you were going to kill me off in book one, but those two crazy-as-hell psychos made it to the last book.

Mel, relax. I thought you and I worked past that. So, where do you stand in this crowd? Are you a Diasodz or a Raizyn?

Diasodz, through and through. My momma didn't raise no fool! I just wish she didn't make so many bad decisions for herself. (sighs and shakes her head) I have always loved the Goddess, even when I had to pretend I didn't. I am not even upset with her for not blessing me with one of those sexy tattoos that hold powers to call.

Not even a little?

(pursing her lips) Well, maybe a little. I mean, Ar'ch's tattoos give him swords at his call. Angel's got blades, Rafe's got axes, and my Kai has those spears.  And don't get me started with that ever-so-sexy tattoo of a vine wrapping down Z's back! When she touches her tatt, and that spiked whip appears in her hands... (sighs) Maybe I am a little jealous, but overall, I feel blessed. Even without a power to call, I still have my powers to shape-shift into whatever form I want, and that comes in real handy. (smirks)

 You mentioned Kai.  How are things going with him?

Girl, you are not going to get me to start telling people who have yet to invest in my life about my private affairs. Oh, hells no! Let them learn about all I went through to get him before asking me how we are doing. 

(laughs) Fair enough.

You know what you could do? You could write me one of those short novellas to share all that I'm up to with all these fine folk. Now, there's another one of my brilliant ideas!

Okay, Mel. I think we are done for today. I'm not getting you all riled up about how much attention you still feel you deserve.  Thanks for helping me share your world with our readers today.

You're welcome, but you won't be getting another one of these out of me until you write me my own little story. Just sayin'...


I hope you all enjoyed that little interview. Mel is not the main character of my series (shhh... don't tell her that!), but she truly was an integral part of it. This series started with a dream (which you can read about here) and grew a life of its own. I hope you are intrigued enough to take a chance and read it! Below is the blurb for the first book. Because it is a series, sharing the other book blurbs will give away the endings of each book, and I'd hate to spoil the plot twists for you. ;-)


How do you choose when both options have dire consequences?

Sofia is a 17 year old who is quite content with her life. She has a caring boyfriend who also just happens to be her best friend since birth. She has a loving mother. She is successfully completing her last year of high school and enjoys her part-time job. She can’t imagine wanting more from her life…until Ar’ch (pronounced Ar-rick) enters her dreams, sparking a burning flame inside of her that she can’t seem to extinguish nor does she want to.

Ar’ch is a Diasodz (Die-ah-sodz), a species created by the Goddess back when God created humans. Diasodz were made to heal and protect humans, but when the Diasodz turned their backs on helping humans and left Earth to live in their own world, the Goddess abandoned them. Since then, their powers and their very lives have been fading. A prophecy foretold that a young girl born on Earth would be the Diasodz’s savior. Ar’ch and his brother, Angel, travel to Earth to retrieve her and bring her back to their world before her death day in order to save their kind. Ar’ch knows the drill: find the target, capture her, and safely bring her home. But what happens when the target captures his dormant heart?

Choices create action. Actions have consequences. When faced with the truth, what choice will Sofia make? Will she be able to accept the consequences that follow?



Here are a couple of trailers about the series! Be forewarned, the second trailer goes into all of the books.

The One Discovered

The first four books

The series finale


Are you ready to start your journey into the world of the Diasodz? Your adventure begins now! Click here for The One Discovered!

If you have already read The One Discovered, you can find the links to the rest of the series below:


As a special treat for you (it is the month of Halloween, after all), The One Betrayed will be free for the next few days, so get your copy now! :-)

If you are new to my blog, I do hope you’ll take a minute to look around and if you like what you see, please follow me!

If you've enjoyed my stop, you should check out all of the other stops of this block party! RRBC knows how to throw a party, and there are still plenty of prizes to win! Check out the other stops here!

Thanks for visiting today, and I look forward to reading your comments below. Remember, you must leave a comment to win a prize! I won't complain if you share my post with others. Promise! ;-) 


43 comments:

  1. Hi Yvette, what a wonderful interview today and blog post! Your series sounds intriguing. I have added it to my TBR list. Your students are lucky to have such a creative teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Forrest! I truly enjoy teaching them. :-)

      Delete
    2. It is your calling in life. That is evident.

      Delete
  2. Hi Yvette. You know I enjoyed all your books and still have one more to go. I didn't enjoy clicking the links and trying to get back to your blog again. Could you please put your links in separate windows? It just helps the navigation & purchasing process. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, you are awesome! I never even thought of looking to see how to open the links in a new window. I'm still learning the craft of blogging. I'm so used to right-clicking and manually opening links into new windows. Because of your request, I learned something new today. Hopefully, the links now work in that manner. Thank you! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic interview, Yvette! Mel is a lively one for sure. I do have four of the books on my Kindle. Oh, for more time to read!! Enjoy your party day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, Jan! I'm in the same situation! So many books, not enough time. Lol! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Fantasic interview, Yvette and blog post. Well done! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bernard! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! Mel has a way of keeping me on my toes. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Great interview, Yvette. Thank you for putting The One Betrayed as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, John! The One Betrayed follows the perspectives of the villains, so it throws the reader for a loop. I enjoyed giving the reader more to think about when it comes to the concepts of good and evil. :-)

      Delete
  7. Great interview of Mel, Yvette. It is a good series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Mel's cocky voice, Yvette. It certainly sounds difficult to keep her in her place. (Don't tell her I said that!) Wishing your series great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be our little secret, Mary! Her shape-shifting abilities makes for some interesting revenge, so the less she knows, the better. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Hi Yvette, I like the way you've interviewed one of the characters from your book. Great to know her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Balroop! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  10. Great interview, Yvette. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these trailers and the covers are awesome! I now want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is music to my ears! Don't forget to download The One Betrayed while it's still free. :-)

      Delete
  12. Love the Mel interview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest of the series, Charles. :-)

      Delete
  14. What a fun post, Yvette! I enjoyed your interview with Mel. I'm glad you didn't kill her off. The trailers are great too. I'm going to start your series soon. I have all your books in my Kindle. Have a great weekend! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vashti! I'm happy I kept her around as well. ;-)

      Delete
  15. I'm so glad Mel fought to stay in the story. Hopefully she will show up in a short story of her own. Great interview and post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she will eventually get a short story of her own. She's quite persistent that way. ;-)

      Delete
  16. Great interview, Yvette. And the YA series sounds great. I'm picking up book one for my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Ron! I've had many male students read the books and love them! :-)

      Delete
  17. Hi,
    I've been following and sharing your posts on Twitter. I must read your books. The eyes on your covers are haunting. I will begin with your first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanne! The eyes are very special to me. They each follow a different main character, and it reflects his/her power. :-)

      Delete
  18. Great interview, Yvette. And, goodness, what an amazing website! All the best to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Gwen! I'm happy you enjoyed your visit. :-)

      Delete
  19. H, Yvette, I think I have made it through only two of your Chronicles of the Diasodz series. but, you know how it goes. So much to read and too little time to do it. I'm just catching up here. I hope you had agreat toure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you were able to get book three while I had it for free this past week. I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)