Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Reading Challenge and End of Year Celebration! #2023readingchallenge #booksread #readingcommunity #happynewyear #fortheloveofreading @DWallacePeach @MarciaMeara @VashtiQV @dlfinnauthor @PTLPerrin


Hello, beautiful readers! Every year, I participate in the Goodreads yearly reading challenge. Knowing I had little time to read, I set my goal for 20 books and surprised myself by reading 28! Granted, some of those were short stories, but I'll take it!

I enjoyed all the books I read this year, and to see my reviews, click here. If I had to pick my top five favorites, these are the books I loved the most this year:

The Necromancer's Daughter by D. Wallace Peach

Finding Hunter by Marcia Meara

The Rise of Gadreel by Vashti Quiroz-Vega

Voice of Viracocha by PTL Perrin


I did not write as much as I had hoped, but I did start writing again. I have every intention of finishing Drake's story in 2024. I have put off finishing that book for too long. So it is written, so shall it be! 😉 

I also hope to read at least twenty books again next year. Reading and writing are true joys in my life, so I intend to incorporate them more mindfully in 2024. 

I wish you all a blessed new year and hope you surround yourself with love, laughter, and positive energy all year long. Happy New Year! 😊

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Yvette. Congratulations on reading 28 books. And thank you so much for reading and reviewing Voice of Viracocha! I'm honored that it made the list of your favorites. Sounds like a challenge I should enter. Looking forward to reading whatever you write.

    Blessings,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to join on Goodreads! It's a great way to keep track of what you've read every year. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post, Yvette, and I'm so honored that you highlighted "The Necromancer's Daughter." You warmed my heart with happiness. Congrats to all the authors, and congrats to you for a great year of reading. I wish you a lovely 2024 with much happiness, good health, and great books! Best of luck on your writing goals too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I absolutely LOVED The Necromancer's Daughter. I hope to read more of your stories this year. Thank you for the well wishes, and I wish the same to you this year. :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It’s Luanne. On my stubborn phone.

      Delete
    2. Happy New Year, Luanne! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for including me in your annual reading challenge Yvette and for all your amazing support during the year. Happy 2024... Sally ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Sally! I love your posts, and you are always so supportive of other authors. :-)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on reading 28 books last year, Yvette :) I'm thrilled to be on your top read list. Huge hugs and yay for working on Drake xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise! So far, I've written every day except one, so I'm quite proud of that. :-)

      Delete
  6. Yay!👏🔥 I’m so happy you enjoyed my book as much as I enjoyed your Diasodz series! Thank you for reading and reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved it! You and I love fantasy/paranormal, so it makes sense that our series appeal to each other. Thanks for visiting, Vashti! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)