Wednesday, March 6, 2024

#TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #Keichitsu #haiku #Butterflies #Spring @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! Tomorrow (March 7th) is my birthday. I've unlocked level 50 and am blessed to have the life I live. This week's 24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge takes us into a new season - Keichitsu, or Wintering Insects Awake. Spring is finally here. Daylight savings time begins this weekend and brings with it more daylight, and I am thrilled about it. I love the long days of light, especially living where I do. 

For this week's challenge, I've chosen to write a haiku, which is three lines with a 5-7-5 syllabic pattern. A haiku focuses on nature, and the first two lines should create one image while the second two lines create a separate image. I've chosen to use the kigo phrase of 'Spring's first butterfly' to celebrate my birthday. 

Reflecting on my first fifty years has me marveling at the transformation I've experienced. There have been some incredible moments, but it hasn't all been easy or pretty. I've done a lot of hard growth through therapy, self-reflection, and inner work, and I am grateful for the journey I am on. I am always evolving, always working to be a better version of myself. And I love myself more today than I ever have before. I will be celebrate this gift of life this weekend with friends and family, so if I'm a little late responding to your beautiful comments, please know I will get to them next week. 

(courtesy of @Erik_Karits at Pixabay)

Spring's first butterfly
delicate wings take first flight
hope transcends all fear

What Wintering insects are awakening in your area? I'd love to hear from you.

Would you like to join us in writing a poem? Click here.

29 comments:

  1. Hope transcends--yes it does And a birthday is a becoming the sum of who you are. A most splendid birthday to you, my lovely. I wish you many more happy ones. Take flight. Love everything here. Thanks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Selma! I truly appreciate you. :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Yvette ! Your poem is lovely. Hope you had a wonderful day with your friends and family......Rall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rall! I appreciate the birthday wishes and am happy you enjoyed my poem. :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Yvette. Mother Nature too offers her blessings...fly with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Balroop! I will thoroughly enjoy Mother Nature this weekend, for sure. :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Yvette! And a lovely poem about spring. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. Seeing a butterfly always lifts the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and happy birthday! (K)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Kerfe! And I agree... butterflies always make me pause and enjoy the beauty around me. :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Yvette. Butterflies are so delicate. It's especially moving when you see them coming out of their cocoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have no doubt that watching them emerge from the cocoon is a beautiful sight! :-)

      Delete
  7. A very happy birthday Yvette. You share your birthday with my youngest granddaughter who turned 1 on 7th March. Looking back on life is always a fruitful journey as we celebrate our life through the good and the bad times.
    I love your haiku. It’s delicate and delightful. Sadje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy beautiful birthday to your granddaughter, Sadje! Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday, Yvette.... richest blessings and bestest wished your way.🎉

    a beautiful, inspiring share🤍💫

    (first time trying with comments here... apologies for any errors)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Destiny! I appreciate your well wishes. :-)

      Delete
  9. Happy belated birthday, Yvi! I hope you had a fabulous day. I loved your haiku and the uplifting hope at the end. 🦋 🎂 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wonderful birthday, Colleen! Thank you! :-)

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday 🎉🎂🎊 welcome to the half a century club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronica! I'm happy to be a member. :-)

      Delete
  11. Yvette, I belatedly wish you a happy birthday!

    And your haiku is delightful!

    Sincerely,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David! I'm happy you enjoyed my haiku and am thankful for the birthday wishes. :-)

      Delete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday, I adore butterflies and your haiku is lovely
    💞Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! I love butterflies as well. :-)

      Delete
  13. Happy belated 50th birthday, Yvette! A butterfly is the perfect symbol for such a wonderful marker in our lives. Birthday hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! I appreciate the birthday love. :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)