Hello, beautiful readers! I almost missed out on last week's poetry challenges, but I was inspired to write one today. Life is busy as always for me, and I leave out of town this Thursday for a weekend trip, so I'm not sure I'll get to participate in this week's challenges.
I've combined two challenges together to the best of my ability. The first is Wea've Written Weekly (W3) Prompt #226, where Michelle invites us to write a tanaga, which is a four-line poem of exactly seven syllables in each line with an AAAA rhyme scheme. The theme is "Life and Wisdom." She invited us to explore the lessons we have learned from life, our choices, and our experiences.
The second prompt is from #TankaTuesday, where Colleen invites us to use color as a metaphor in our poem. I chose to go with gold which represents power and divine mercy.
I've been struggling with a decision lately. A person from my past who caused me some PTSD is going to be at an event that I'm looking forward to going to, but I just don't know if I can enjoy myself around that person. There is a part of me that is considering not going, but the other part of me doesn't want to give that person any power over me, especially for something that happened many, many years ago. This poem came to me as I pondered on these prompts, and I feel as if my muse is sending me her lesson.
the bent tree does not cower
to next hurricane's power
past storms left it empower(ed)
it basks in the golden hour
Would you like to write a poem for either of these prompts? Join us here:

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)