Friday, April 5, 2024

#TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #cruiselife #Carnivalcruise #Seimei @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! I'm back from my Spring Break vacation. It was a wonderful escape from work and stress. My sister and I took my son and niece on a Caribbean cruise aboard the Carnival Magic to Amber Cove (DR), Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. We slid down water slides, walked around Old San Juan, went on a catamaran and snorkeled, and completed a kayak, hike, and snorkel tour. We had an amazing time. Here are just a few of the pictures.







 

This week's 24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge brings in a new season called Seimei, or Clear and Bright. Because it's already Friday, and I still have a busy weekend ahead of me, I decided to write a haiku (three lines with a 5-7-5 syllabic pattern. My kigo phrase is bolded and italicized. 


Spring winds tousle hair
sea's fragrance permeates air
worries disappear

Good luck to those of you participating in NaPoWritMo (National Poetry Writing Month)! One of these years, I'm going to participate. :-)

Would you like to write a poem with us? Join us here.

20 comments:

  1. What fun, Yvi! You managed a lot of fun activities! There's nothing like the fresh sea air to clear out the cobwebs. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Colleen! It was a wonderful trip that rejuvenated my spirit. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and poems, I am so pleased you all had such a wonderful time 💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvette thank you for sharing those wonderful family vacation photos. So nice you all were able to get a break from the usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an enjoyable break, for sure. Thanks for visiting, Lisa! :-)

      Delete
  4. great fun! lovely photos and poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lady Lee! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had a fantastic and much needed break, Yvette. Beautiful photos and a beautiful haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yvette, what a wonderful holiday. Your haiku is gorgeous and fitting. Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, my friend. The sea definitely tosses hair, but I never would have thought to include that in a poem. Yet, it makes it so real! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My hair was tossing all over the place on the islands. The breeze is so beautiful. I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  8. (Jules) So glad you had a wonderful time!! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules! I appreciate you stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  9. It looks like you two had a blast!! And a lovely haiku to boot!

    Sincerely,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, David! We really did. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  10. Echoing all the comments....I am so pleased you had such a great holiday.I am doing napowrimo and enjoying it. I do it every year but I think I'd rather be in the Caribbean:)....Rall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about being in the Caribbean AND writing poetry? Now, that sounds heavenly! Thanks for visiting, Rall! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)