Thursday, February 8, 2024

#TankaTuesday 24 Seasons Syllabic #Poetry Challenge - #Syllabic #poem #poetrycommunity #seasonalKigo #Kigo #seasons #Risshun #bussokusekika #beach @YvetteMCalleiro


Hello, beautiful readers! This week, we move into the season of Risshun, or Early Spring, for our 24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge. Colleen Chesebro reminds us that early Spring can bring false starts before true Spring begins. Mother Nature is being quite bipolar in my area right now.

This past weekend, I had a gorgeous day at the beach. The water was still a bit too cold to swim to the buoy and back, so I went for my walk to the jetty and back, which is about 1.5 miles, I think. I spent the whole day there with friends and only left when the sun started setting. Two days later, I was back to being bundled in a sweater and leather jacket, freezing my butt off.

I enjoyed writing a bussokusekika last week, so I decided to write another one this week. This poem has six lines with a 5-7-5-7-7-7 syllabic pattern. My kigo words are bolded and italicized. 

(courtesy of @Vaivography on Pixabay)

oh, lingering cold
crisp breeze chills me to the bone
Mother Nature laughs
beach one day, sweater the next
such indecisive weather
eager to sunbathe again

I thought I'd share some pictures of the beautiful day I had at the beach. I'm hoping to be there again this Saturday if the weather stays in the high 70s. Fingers crossed!

Watching the waves break upon the shore before receding again

Trying to capture the birds

On my walk to the jetty and back

Has Mother Nature been having a laugh in your area? I'd love to hear from you.

If you would love to join this week's poetry challenge, click here.

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! It was an absolutely beautiful day to be there last week. :-)

      Delete
  2. That is a very fun form, Yvette. I like the extra line and having 7 more syllables at my disposal. :-) Wonderful poem about your variable weather. I wouldn't mind being on the beach, even in a sweater. The blue skies are fabulous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are, Diana! I get such peace sitting on the beach and taking in that view while digging my feet in the sand. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your poem typical spring weather though you are lucky to live in a warmer climate...Your photos warm me and your shadow is fun in your sarong and hat 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Willow! I am very lucky to live in this climate. I don't think I could handle the colder climate for more than one week. Lol! Thanks for visiting. :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, great poem and the beach looks amazing! I live near a beach but it’s only very blowy cold walks I am getting right now … 💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today, the beach winds are about 14mph with gusts as high as 19 mph, so I didn't get to enjoy my beach today. Hopefully, I can go next weekend. Thanks for stopping by, Suzanne! :-)

      Delete
  5. She has been a tease.
    We even got some snow. It was lovely. Thanks yve. You got the emotions so right with your words 👏🏽 lovely xo Selma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Selma! I'm happy you enjoyed it. :-)

      Delete
    2. There’s never been one I don’t like, Yve. You’re amazing, my friend. Thanks. Xo, Selma.

      Delete

  6. Very beautiful pics and the day at beach seems so relaxing.
    Your shadowed image is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvi, your bussokusekika is just perfect for the up and down weather we're all having. 70 degrees on the beach does sound nice even to me. LOL! And the pivot line: "Mother Nature Laughs" had me laughing! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I could make you laugh, Colleen! Thanks for sharing that with me. :-)

      Delete
  8. (Jules) - Yes! Mother Nature has been gawfawing! We had cloudy but in the 60's yesterday and tonight back into the 30's...brrr. Not putting away the down comforter just yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be miserable in the 30s. Heck, I'm not a fan of the 60s, either. I hope warm weather comes quickly for you, Jules. Thanks for sharing! :-)

      Delete
    2. (Jules) We are expecting 2 inches of 'fluffy' tomorrow... :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Yvette, we had a heat wave last week and then it was quite cool yesterday. Your poem is perfect and your pictures lovely. Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mother Nature is definitely having a laugh in our area. But -- overall, it is still very cold. Your beach photos remind me of how much I miss the ocean. Enjoy every moment, Yvi, for those of us who can only dream. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bring on the beach weather temperatures! You look cold! The beach isn't too crowded with sunbathers and swimmers. Seventy- five might be pushing it just a smidge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture with the poem isn't me...lol! It's from Pixabay! I go to a beach which isn't overpopulated. It's like a little secret, and I love it that way. Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  12. Oh! Beach time, how I missed it, I was just thinking I should get on a plane and go south for a few days, I'm tired of the cold weather. Your poem is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Yesterday, it was in the 80s, and I was loving every minute of it! Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth! :-)

      Delete
  13. I’d be okay with “beach one day, sweater the next” year round.😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not me! Lol! I want the heat to return. Thanks for stopping by and sharing, Melissa! :-)

      Delete
  14. Beautiful photos and the poem is even better! We've had our share of Moody Mother Nature up here, too. She's decided to swing back to 'seasonal', which means 'finger numbing'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrrr! No, thank you! You can keep that chilling weather up with you, Mark! Lol! Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)