Monday, October 2, 2017

Author Spotlight - Jennifer Hinsman

I can't think of a better way to start off October than with a wonderful author! Meet Jennifer Hinsman! I read her book, Souls, and really enjoyed it! :-)




Since the month of October is the month of Halloween, I thought it would be fun to share a poem I wrote.  It’s fun to play with words and rhyme.  One of my favorite books is Oh, The Places You Will Go by Dr. Suess, the rhythm and words are so fun to read, I could read it out loud over and over again!

Enjoy my poem and enjoy October!


Halloween Poem by Jennifer Hinsman

Cherub cheeks and ghosts abound

A running child makes a shrieking sound.

Ghastly make-up and wigs that glow

Porch lights on with treats to bestow.


Smiles on faces with candy in bags

Kids giggle at each other’s gags.

Pumpkins carved to scare

Freaky, frightening, take a dare.


‘Trick or treat’ is what everyone yells

Witches brew and cast their spells.

Will it be sunny?  Or will it snow?

Eerie sounds spook, it’s just the wind, I know.


Cobwebs and spiders decorate the door

Goblins, vampires, masks and more.

Big, gloomy houses suddenly seem haunted

Sinister souls lurk around, but candy is all I wanted.


Bone chilling?  Hair raising?  Yes, but it’s all for fun

Secretly I know staying calm is easier said, than done.

Don’t worry about all the bumps in the night

Halloween is this crazy holiday of fright.



Books by Jenny:


Souls is available on Amazon. Click here!


Angel of Death is available on Amazon. Click here!



Author Bio:

Jenny graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a degree in business. She currently resides in Michigan with her husband, two sons, a furry son (pet dog) and a furry daughter (pet cat). Jenny is an avid reader and loves to escape with a great book. She is a huge animal lover and supports rescue organizations that help save all kinds of four-legged family members and more. All of her family pets have been rescues.

Twitter - @JennyHinsman1
Facebook - @SoulsANovel
Website - hinsmanj.wordpress.com
Amazon - amazon.com/author/jennyhinsman



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please share your thoughts with me! :-)