Hello, beautiful readers! Summer is in full swing in South Florida, and it is hot, hot, hot! I know there are parts of the world that do not have air-conditioning, but I cannot imagine enduring a South Florida summer without it. Even the ocean provides no reprieve as the temperature feels like bath water. Still, I'll take summer over winter any day. Lol!
Today, I'm participating in the Wea've Written Weekly (W3) Prompt #221. Selma invites us to write a triolet, which is a playful eight-line poem, eight syllables in each line, that uses a ABaAabAB rhyme scheme. The theme had to focus on summer and a "thought you cannot quite shake".
As much as I love summers, the one aspect I could do without is mosquitoes. I am highly allergic. I break out in welts and their bites stay with me for days, sometimes even past a week. And the bites itch incessantly! Unfortunately, I am a mosquito magnet. There can be one mosquito in a room of a thousand people, and it will bite me all night long. So, for this poem, I wrote about my arch nemesis. Lol!
A tiny buzz beside my ear
Summer's most irritating pest
Skin begins to crawl, full of fear
A tiny buss beside my ear
I cringe whenever they are near
My skin won't ever get a rest
A tiny buzz beside my ear
Summer's most irritating pest
Would you like to write a poem for this prompt? Join us here.

I HATE that high-pitched buzz! Just the thought of it makes me want to start swatting at the unseen tyrant. Great poem!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with ya, Sally! Lol! Thanks for visiting! :-)
DeleteMosquitos. 🦟 totally annoying ! So sad you suffer so for weeks after a bite.
ReplyDeleteThis triolet does speak of the something we can all relate to. Thanks for participating Yvette. Xo. Selma.
Thanks for the prompt, Selma! I appreciate your visit. :-)
DeletePerfect Yvette - that sound is so annoying fills me with apprehension - then again it’s when you don’t hear it … and suddenly you’ve got a nasty bite! 🦟
ReplyDeleteThat's usually the case for me. They seem to know not to make sound near me because I'll get my zapper. Lol! Thanks for visiting, Ange! :-)
DeleteOh they really are the biggest pest! I can sleep through thunder but their buzz wakes me ... 💞
ReplyDeleteExactly! Lol! I appreciate your visit, Suzanne! :-)
DeleteNothing worse than turning out the light and...bzzzzz...They are irritating pests!
ReplyDeleteYes, they are! I appreciate you stopping by, Heather! :-)
DeleteWonderfully done Yvette! We are plagued by Aedes vexans and Coquillettidia perturbans and they are vexatious and perturbing!
ReplyDeleteYes, they are! Thanks for visiting, Val! :-)
DeleteYvette, I love how the repeated buzz makes the mosquito feel impossible to escape on a summer night.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
And they are so small that I can't even see them if I don't have my glasses on. Lol! Thanks for stopping by, David! :-)
DeleteThis is great, Yvette. Mosquito’s are the most dangerous animal on earth (apart from man, of course). I love the buzz that I can hear in your triolet. It’s extraordinary how they prefer to feast on some people more than others—your blood must be tasty. 🤗💗
ReplyDeleteLol! I wish it weren't so tasty! Thanks for stopping by, Lesley! :-)
Deletehi, Yvette❣️
ReplyDeleteJust wanna let you know that this week's W3, hosted by our beloved Matt Snyder, is live until next Monday (Aug. 3):
W3
Much love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
Thanks, David! I just saw it. It looks like a fun one! :-)
Deletemosquitos surely are attracted to some people but around dusk everyone's fair game!
ReplyDeleteSo true! Thanks for stopping by, Arty! :-)
Delete